I hope everyone had a great weekend! I had the pleasure of meeting my brother’s new puppy, Harvey! He is a GoldenDoodle…
The weekend was eventful. Happy hour on Friday with co-workers, a family birthday party on Saturday for a 3yr old and 9yr old, and drinks/lunch on Sunday with the family.
Often when my Siblings are in town visiting, I will stay over at my parents house to have breakfast with the family. I volunteered to cook and whipped up this cute/quick little dish!
Bacon Egg Toast Cups
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 12 slices white or whole-wheat sandwich bread
- 12 slices bacon
- 12 large eggs
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter/cooking spray 12 standard muffin cups. With a rolling pin, flatten bread slices slightly and, with a 4 1/4-inch cookie cutter (or use the top of a glass), cut into 12 rounds. Then press into each muffin cup making sure bread comes up to edge of cup. Use extra bread to patch any gaps. Brush bread with remaining butter.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium, until almost crisp, 4 minutes, flipping once. (It will continue to cook in the oven.) **Or bake bacon in oven on a cookie sheet/bar pan.** Lay 1 bacon slice in each bread cup and crack an egg over each. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until egg whites are just set, 20 to 25 minutes. Run a small knife around cups to loosen toasts. Serve immediately.